Relief from migraines. Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Migraine Headache Relief

Migraine headaches relieved without drugs.

Migraines were significantly relieved for 66% of the participants in recent research on the Maharishi Vedic Vibration Technology.

For more information please call us at 800-431-9680.

Home

Migraine Headache Information

Testimonials

Doctors' Comments

migraine headaches

 

 

 

migrane headache, migranes, migrain relief, migrains

Common misspellings include migrane headache, migranes, migrain relief, migrains
migrane headache
migranes
migrain relief
migrains

 

 

 


Migraines relieved through a traditional approach to alleviating chronic disorders.

 
Click here for safe, effective, non-medical RELIEF.

"Since I was 18 I've had migraine headaches. I went to my first session with a migraine. I was feeling a dull pain throughout my head and sensitivity to light. Within ten minutes, my head was filled with bliss. I felt a complete relaxation and relief in my head and throughout my whole body. In my experience, migraines just don't go away instantly like that. It was completely amazing!"--Male, mid 40s

Read more experiences of people who have found instant relief.

28 million people in the United States suffer from migraine headaches12% of the total population (6% of all males, 18% of all females). In addition to a throbbing or pounding pain, migraine sufferers also experience nausea, extreme sensitivity to light and noise, and sometimes dizziness or lightheadedness.

Common migraine triggers include:
stress
skipping meals
alcohol
caffeine
nicotine
dairy products (especially aged cheeses)
chocolate
MSG
artificial sweeteners (especially aspartame)
fatigue
bright lights
television
loud noise
menstruation
weather changes

With a tension headache the pain, pressure or tightness tends to be distributed evenly over the head. A migraine is felt as an intense pulsating pain at the temples, or behind the eyes or ears. Migraines are vascular headaches, which involve the blood vessels in the brain. 

According to a leading theory, stress or some other trigger causes the blood vessels leading to the brain to be  restricted. As a result, there is a decrease in the oxygen supply to the brain. In response, the blood vessels in the brain become dilated and this dilation spreads to the surface blood vessels causing the headache to occur.

In addition to a throbbing or pounding pain on one side of the head, migraine sufferers also experience nausea, extreme sensitivity to light and noise, and sometimes dizziness or lightheadedness. The pain is aggravated by activity. 20% of migraine sufferers experience a visual disturbance (aura) at the onset of the headache, usually 20 to 60 minutes before the headache starts. The aura is experienced as flashes of light or shimmering jagged lines in the field of vision. The individual may also experience blank spots in the field of vision, tunnel vision, numbness, weakness, or difficulty speaking.

Prescription analgesics are used for moderate and severe pain associated with migraines. Either single analgesics, such as ibuprofen and meclofenamate, or combination analgesics may be prescribed. The combination analgesics are thought to be more effective, but are also more dangerous to use because they may be combined with habit forming agents such as sedatives or codeine. Side effects of prescription analgesics include bloating, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, gastric irritation, ulcers and rebound headaches.


For an effective, alternative health approach to gaining relief from migraines, click here.

For information about Maharishi Vedic Vibration Technology--Instant Relief program please call us at 800-431-9680 or email us at relief@mavf.org

Entire contents copyright 2000 Maharishi Ayurveda Foundation. All rights reserved. Please refer to legal details concerning copyright and trademark protection.